SLT Minutes: Thursday, 10/19/23
Arrival and dismissal
1. Arrival and dismissal concerns: Early morning arrival is at 7:30-8:05 (2- minute transition needed before letting students in at 8:10)
2. Double parking, triple parking, and illegal U-turns are a safety concern for staff and students.
3. Potentially close the street for 20 minutes (Juniper Valley Road—road where bus route is)
4. The local police department has been notified
5. Quantity (Portions) and taste of school lunch: Being worked on by Ms. Pierson (Manager)
· Are there any guidelines for portioning based on grade/age?
6. Share table: Wrapped food or anything with a hard peel that will be thrown out to avoid waste. (Additional for food for students who need it)
7. Screening for migrant students: Students must register and are required to provide immunization documentation. Students must show documentation within 30 days of attending school.
8. DOE open arms: All students are accepted. Personal information cannot be shared.
9. Zoned students will all have a spot at our school—migrants do not interfere with that.
10. Should we offer more than one language (Spanish currently being offered for 6-8)?
11. Certified teachers needed to teach these courses – budget concerns.
Additional Programs (Academic)
12. Additional programs to support academics (Special need and Gen. Ed.) instead of language programs
13. Dual language program? A survey out during this time—there was not a large interest in it at that time (2018-2019) -- The 50/50 program would also bring in students from different zones.
14. Intervention Programs: TBD (Budget)
15. Orton Gillingham (Training received for some teachers)
16. Lexia Program (Purchased)
Parent Teacher Conference
17. Date changed to Thursday, December 7th (Virtual)
18. Parents can make an appointment during the weekday to meet in person.
19. Unknown until the beginning of November
20. A request was put in last year, but they did not need the space. Ms. Trani will continue to put requests in since we have the space.
Possible after school programs
1. Academic Intervention?
2. Possible second language clubs?
3. Dual language programs in the future for the school?
4. Teacher availability?
5. Per-session (overtime) pay for teachers would be necessary
1. We have the allocations, but no dates have been agreed upon yet
2. Auditorium – new flooring, sound system
3. Playground - new equipment
Coat Drive and Food Drive
1. We hope that dates for collection will be agreed upon
2. Possibly we can set up boxes in our school for donations of coats as well as non-perishable food
1. We will meet every 3rd Thursday of the month
2. Time will be 3 PM